Single Touch Payroll (STP), the way we are now required to report to the Australian Taxation Office your Payment Summaries and Superannuation information.
Effective 1st July 2018, The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) introduced the Single Touch Payroll (STP) reporting for all employers in Australia who employ more than 20 employees.
What this means for MSS Group of companies is that we need to comply with the ATO new reporting requirements.
Payment Summaries will now be called Income Statements instead of the current Payment Summaries or Group certificates.
What STP means for you?
Payment Summaries will no longer be issued via your Online Web portal ADP. Paper based Income Statements (Payment Summaries) for the financial year ending 2019 (1/7/2018 to 30/6/2019), will now be available to you via your myGov account. Income Statement requests for financial year 2019 and onwards, will need to be made directly to the ATO or your Tax Accountant. Note MSS will not be able to provide copies of your Income Statements as we do not have access to your myGov account.
How do I access my myGov account?
To access or set up a myGov account with the ATO login to the ATO website at this link http://www.my.gov.au/LoginServices/main/login
For further information on this topic you can visit the following links:
- STP Information for employees
- MSS Security Employee Portal http://www.msssecurity.com.au/employee-portal/
- ATO website https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Single-Touch-Payroll/Single-Touch-Payroll-for-employees/
- ATO myGov video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cldy_brqh50
What you need to do now?
- Setup a myGov account http://www.my.gov.au/LoginServices/main/login.
- Familiarise yourself with the new ATO STP employee income reporting requirements so that you can view and retrieve future Income Statements.