September 16th, 2021
MSS Vaccination Incentive Program – weekly update
Thank you to all MSS Security employees who are getting vaccinated and registering for the MSS VIP. Together we are on the right path to make our community safe again.
With pleasure, we are announcing one more MSS employee has received $1,000 as a part of the weekly VIP draw. Congratulations to the fourth MSS VIP winner, Harpreet Singh Thind from Western Australia. He registered his vaccination certificate, automatically went into our weekly draw and won $1,000!
To participate in the MSS VIP, please follow the steps below.
- The MSS VIP is open to all MSS team members who receive their first vaccination before 1 October 2021, and their second COVID-19 vaccination by 31 December 2021
- MSS VIP participants will receive an MSS Security $100 Gift Card upon evidencing both vaccinations
- The incentive will be paid regardless of any proposed Government incentives
- The program is retrospective, therefore team members who have already received their first and second jab and who meet the requirements are entitled to receive the Incentive
- The incentive is available and open to new employees who join up by 1 October 2021
What do you need to do to receive your incentive?
- Book and receive your first COVID-19 vaccination prior to 1 October 2021 and second COVID-19 vaccination by 31 December 2021
- Click on this link, use the Gateway App or go to the Employee Portal on the MSS Security website.
- Fill out the simple form indicating you have had your first and second jabs
- Upload your MyGov Immunisation History or digital Certificate
As an added incentive, each week until 1 October 2021, all team members who have uploaded their first and second vaccination certificates will go into a weekly draw for one lucky team member to win $1,000.
For those employees who have already registered, there is no need to register again. We have your form and are working hard to get your cards to you and activated. Rest assured, they are on the way.
Unfortunately, we have a backlog in posting gift cards to employees due to the Australia Post distribution centre being identified as a COVID-19 hotspot and closing as a result. We have been assured the cards will be sent to us early next week.
We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your ongoing commitment to protecting yourself, your family, the community and our clients’ staff through this extremely testing period. Please stay safe and well.