March 24th, 2020
Message from the Managing Director
I am writing to personally thank you for your efforts and commitment to the continued professional delivery of service to our clients in these uncertain times, and to assure you that as the situation surrounding COVID -19 continues to change and evolve, our commitment to your health and wellbeing is our number one priority.
The impact this illness is having on our daily lives is of course confronting, and can seem overwhelming. However, it is important to remain calm and put this situation into perspective. Here in Australia we are in a very strong position to ensure the health and wellbeing of our communities.
It is also important to remember that much of our business is operating largely as normal; we are winning exciting new contracts, retaining highly valued existing contracts, and continuing to provide outstanding service to our clients. All of these are vital to ensure that we as a business, come out of these uncertain times strong and fit. You and your efforts are the key factor in delivering these outcomes.
The reality is, COVID -19 will certainly impact parts of MSS Security and MSS Strategic Medical & Rescue, our staff, and our clients in some way. It is a continually changing environment and we commit that we will communicate with you regarding any potential health impacts and/or changed working arrangements as and when these arise.
In the meantime there are a number of key things we can all do in our daily lives to best protect ourselves and others. I can’t emphasise enough, these simple steps below are our best defence:
This is a new phrase for many of us but essentially it means:
- staying at home when you are unwell
- avoiding large public gatherings if they’re not essential
- keeping a distance of 1.5 metres between you and other people whenever possible
- minimising physical contact, especially with people at higher risk such as older people and people with existing health conditions.
Practice Good Hygiene
- covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- disposing of tissues properly
- washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- using alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
- if you are sick, avoiding contact with others and staying more than 1.5 metres away from people
- cleaning and sanitising frequently used objects such as mobiles, keys and wallets.
If we take these and other precautions as advised by our Health experts, I am confident we will be able to manage this situation together. Now, more than ever we need to look out for one another and help each other out.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that if any of you or your families wish to talk to someone, you are more than welcome to utilise our Employee Assistance Program – Acacia Connection.
Once again, please take care and thank you for your continued efforts and commitment in what are trying, but importantly only temporary times.