March 5th, 2021
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Further to our communication regarding the MSS policy statement on the COVID-19 vaccine, and with the Australian vaccine rollout having commenced, MSS Security would like to take this opportunity to communicate some further information with you regarding the vaccination process.
Since the beginning of this pandemic, MSS Security’s key priority has been to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff, their families, and our customers, while mitigating any risk to the interruption of supply of security services.
Throughout the pandemic, MSS Security has rigidly adhered to Government guidelines and advice, and as we now move to the vaccination phase of this pandemic, has formed an initial COVID-19 vaccine Policy.
As per Australian Government advice, the COVID-19 vaccine will be voluntary, universal, and free. MSS Security encourages all staff members to avail themselves of it taking into account their individual medical situation.
MSS Security also encourages any staff member who may have any questions or concerns regarding the vaccine, to seek independent medical advice.
Participating in the vaccination program for COVID-19 has the following benefits;
It is great to see progress in Australia with the COVID-19 vaccine, with 41,907 doses given to Australians as of the 4th of March 2021.
The Australian Government, through the Department of Health website contains many useful resources to assist with understanding more about the vaccine, some of which we take you through below.
Vaccine Eligibility Checker
Vaccine Eligibility Checker – Enables you to see if you can book a COVID-19 vaccination based on the vaccination phases. You will be asked to respond to the following questions;
- Whether you work in one of the following industries;
- Quarantine and border workers
- Frontline healthcare workers
- Residential aged care or disability care workers
- Whether you are a resident of an aged care or disability care facility
- Whether you work in one of the following critical or high-risk industries
- Emergency services
- Meat processing
- Whether you work in the healthcare industry
- Whether you have an underlying medical condition, including a disability
- Whether you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
Once you have responded to these questions, the eligibility checker will advise you what vaccine phase you will be part of.
We encourage you to subscribe to COVID-19 vaccine updates here
Information on how the COVID-19 vaccine will be distributed to the various priority groups can be found here on the Department of Health Website.
MSS encourages you to help keep the communities in which you work and live safe by getting your COVID-19 vaccinations when you become eligible.
Your vaccination record will be available on your Immunisation History Statement, and to obtain this you will need to follow one of the below steps;
- Online, by setting up or accessing your myGov account and then accessing your Medicare online account.
- Through the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
- By calling the AIR enquiries line. It can take up to 10 business days to get your statement in the post.
- By asking your doctor or immunisation provider to print a copy.
Should you have any questions or concerns relating to this communication, please do not hesitate to contact your Manager or speak with Human Resources.
We thank you for taking the time to understand the COVID-19 vaccine process and for playing an important role in keeping your community safe and protected.