The differing priorities of courts and their associated buildings and services, such as prisons and remand centres, put higher demands on security than other sites.
Courts require high-level security for the protection of employees and visitors, but balanced with sensitivity and professionalism, because these can be places of heightened human emotions and constant media interest. Courts are also public institutions with a role to educate, as well as rule on legal issues, and so draw a great deal of general public traffic.
As well as having been carefully chosen for this balance of security and sensitivity, MSS Security’s justice personnel undergo thorough background checks and security clearances before they begin work on-site. This process is entirely managed by MSS Security.
- access control, including airport type x-ray security screening for weapons and contraband
- mail screening
- internal and external patrols
- ensuring safety of judicial members, court staff and visitors
- management of hostile, aggrieved and emotional people
- alarm response
- customer service and reception duties
- monitoring CCTV and access systems
- roving guard duties
- contract escort and sign-ins
- key register
- car park and loading dock management
- courtroom guarding
- supervise, escort and monitor prisoners