The MSS Security group of companies is committed to protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, contractors and the natural environment.
We work to continuously integrate safety into our operations by providing resources, training, monitoring and leadership designed to prevent each and every incident.
Our Safety and Wellbeing Strategy focuses on:
- safety performance
- auditing and compliance
- risk assessment and management
- safety education / online learning
- incident reporting and management
- incident investigations
- workers’ compensation
- consultation and communication
MSS Security has improved its year-on-year safety results by 10%, including returning injured employees to their pre-injury duties within 90 days. This is a testament to our continuous improvement initiatives, such as:
- listening to and partnering with our HSE advisors
- actively talking with teams and employees in the field
- identifying problem sites and putting corrective actions in place
- increasing communications with employees, including injured workers
MSS Security’s Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems is certified to AS/NZ 4801, which is proof of our commitment to continuously improving our strong safety culture.
A safety culture and the wellbeing of our people is of the utmost importance to us. This is supported by strong leadership, our values, and a team of passionate and dedicated individuals who work to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees.
MSS Security’s commitment to safety and wellbeing evolves each year. Currently it includes these initiatives:
- expansion of learning and development in the areas of safety, risk and wellbeing
- health risk assessments
- flu vaccinations
- skin checks
- discounted gym memberships
- mental health and resilience training and education
- health and fitness challenges
- national safety sharing on health-related topics such as sleep, diet and work/life balance
- promotion, support and awareness of national and local health and wellbeing events, such as Men’s Health Week and RUOK Day